Sunday, September 15, 2013

Guardians of Virtue

My lesson today...I was sick, so I was inspired to not talk. I showed the video on Mormon.org about setting the limits...where the drawings of the trees and the planes that crash because they have a goal to not fly into the tops of the trees, not 500 ft. above the tops of the trees. So I gave each girl a poster. They drew the trees and the tops of the trees and the things that were representing each of those things, then each girl added personal and items we talked about as we shared experiences and things we read that were ways we could aim higher than the tops of the trees. Every girl went home with a poster for her bedroom and somethings she had decided to keep herself chaste and virtuous. They loved it. Easy lesson.

1 comment:

texansusan said...

I love, love that video! It easily and clearly describes chastity for kids and helps them understand how to be more chaste. I've shown it to my kids several times.

Name Holder

 In the dream, I was a teenager (somehow) teaching or a part of the class of teenagers. Anyway, I was up front, and they looked to me for di...