Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Blast from the Past for the Slaugh children


1980s: This would have been the updated version of said Raggedy Ann doll.The hair was still yarn. The face was 3-d and not flat like the Raggedy Ann's, but the face, arms, and legs were still cloth for a few years, then updated to be plastic later and called Cabbage Patch kids. Your mom had a doll very similar to the one below. We threw out a couple of them last month.

The Cabbage Patch doll



1960s: Chatty Cathy was all the rage during my time as a child. It was a plastic-type body and had a string you pulled that had the doll talk. She would say something like, "Hi, I'm Chatty Cathy." Everyone wanted one. I never had one. :(




1880s-1930s: This would be a Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy doll. They were totally made of cloth, stuffed with cloth, and had button eyes. These were more from my grandparents; era, so if your mom knew about it it was kept alive by me, although I do believe we had one for awhile. It was fun to dress up as a Raggedy Ann doll for Halloween because the face was easy to make and the hair wig was fun to wear.

2 comments:

linda said...

I wonder how much money you would have made trying to ebay them -_-

texansusan said...

I loved my cabbage patch doll! They made Raggedy Ann into a cartoon in the '80s... that's why it was big in my days. I actually think it was Janet's Raggedy Ann doll I would play with, lol.

Name Holder

 In the dream, I was a teenager (somehow) teaching or a part of the class of teenagers. Anyway, I was up front, and they looked to me for di...