Thursday, April 28, 2016

Green Smoothies and Hypothyroidism

So...I have lost 15 pounds...then today, gained one. On Eat to Live! It has been a bad week. My mood swings and temperament with the students has definitely been out of control. As I sat...(eating my quesadilla--yes, beef quesadilla) I thought and thought how the timing of everything was coming down to the diet. I remembered being this way when I forgot to take my Synthroid medicine. I remembered this being how another lady was when her Thyroid gland was messed up. I went to Google and typed in 'vegetables that cause Hypothyroidism'. What do you know. Just about everything in the green smoothie makes my body not absorb the Thyroid medicine. I just thought you should know if you are on thyroid medicine that the diet may be OK, but the smoothie ingredients may mess up your Hypothyroidism.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Good luck. Don't give up!

Cheryl said...

Good luck. Don't give up!

texansusan said...

Sorry Mom. I heard you have to eat an unnatural amount for the green veggies to actually affect your thyroid... I'm sorry it happened to you. I actually feel way better when I have green smoothies. I think they're so much healthier than all of the other junk I used to eat, which are surely also affecting my thyroid negatively, that on green smoothies my thyroid gets way better and I have more energy and am happier. I guess every body is different. :/ Sorry.

Name Holder

 In the dream, I was a teenager (somehow) teaching or a part of the class of teenagers. Anyway, I was up front, and they looked to me for di...