Sunday, May 24, 2015

Pictures of Pride

Today, the Relief Society president came up and thanked me for my 'ever-inspiring' comments. She heaped quite a bit of praise on me, so I uncomfortably joked about it.

Then she started to cry. Well, this sister turned to me in tears and said, "This week we took family pictures with me in them...for the first time. I did it because of your comments."

One of my earlier comments had been about how I was so embarrassed about my weight that I never, well rarely, would be in pictures with my children, hoping that I would lose weight and look better in a future picture. Time would pass and I'd look back and think, "Man I was so better-looking then, why didn't I let anyone take my picture with them?"

As I look back over photos of my children, I see all the relatives with my children, but the pictures are pretty much void of me. I regret that my pride has effected the historical memories my children and grandchildren might have of me.


2 comments:

linda said...

I have used your same advice, but I still tell Dave what angle to shoot. Lol

David said...

This is a test.

Name Holder

 In the dream, I was a teenager (somehow) teaching or a part of the class of teenagers. Anyway, I was up front, and they looked to me for di...